Address: 3136 McConnell Rd.
Nothing says summer like tomatoes. What’s your favorite type? Did you know there are over 350 varieties, all with their own flavor? Bring the whole family! There will be fun events for children such as face painting, hoola hoops, veggie arts and crafts, a tomato walk, and more.
Master Gardener Volunteers will be available throughout the event to answer your gardening questions. Get your home canning questions answered too!
Join us for:
- The tomato tasting – choose your favorite
- Tours of A&T Farm’s research plots leaving at 9 a.m. & 10 a.m.
- Contests - cash prizes for winners of the:
- Tomato Cooking Contest (call for entry form before July 6!)
- The biggest home-grown tomato (bring your own)
- Tomato cooking demonstrations/samples
- Live Music
- Kid-friendly activities
Call the Guilford County Extension Center at 336-375-5876 or go to www.guilfordextension.com for more information. For accommodations for persons with disabilities, please call Darby Ellison at 336-375-5876 no later than July 6.
Saturday, July 14, 2012
8 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Rain or Shine)
NC A &T State University Farm
3136 McConnell Road • Greensboro, NC
Children 10 years and under FREE
FREE entry if you enter a recipe for the tomato cook-off